What is a Studio apartment ?
- The type of accommodations that is used the most by domestic Koreans.
- Perfect for a single household
- Security deposit and monthly fees of rental and utility are required.
Why do foreigners have difficulty to live in a studio apartment in Korea?
- At least 1 year of the lease contract is required
- Expensive security deposit is required
- Expensive placement fee is required by a estate agent.
- Sometimes cannot be returned the security deposit back in time, because it is hard to communicate with hosts.
- Hard to solve the living problems, such as cleanliness, safety, noises, etc., because it is hard to communicate with hosts
Bestfriend’s studio apartment ?!
“In order to realize studying-abroad in Korea that eagerly want to be back, we went through many trials and errors from 2004. We finally construct our own providing system of studio apartments for international students. Now, in 2016, about 3 million students all over the world look for the best studio apartments of us, BestFriend.”
- You don’t need to stay for one year, you can stay in a short-term: 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 months, etc.
- No expensive security deposit is required
- Personally use the air-conditioner and Ondol, Korean floor heating system.
- Personally use a private kitchen and bathroom
- BestFriend is in charge of placement, not estate agent..
- Can rent ‘Daily necessities’, which are necessary for a single household. (*Extra charged)
- Can use ‘Study Abroad Support System’, which we provide a help to solve the living problems, such as cleanliness, safety, noises, etc. (*Extra charged)
*The above sample pictures are taken for some of studio apartments of BestFriend.
*The rooms on sample pictures might not be yours.
|Furniture provided||Bed, desk, chair, TV, air-conditioner, closet, refrigerator, internet cable, washing machine(communal use)|
(Rental cost: Free)
|dishware, pot, frying pan, cups, knives, hanger, blow-dryer, rice cooker, trash can, *adaptor(extra)|
For these people
- Those who do not want to pay a security deposit
- Those who feel burden for the cost of high-priced hotels, motels, etc. when staying in a long time.
- Those who get tired of a public lodging house like guest house
- Those who need a private space no one interrupt
- Those who want to cook in your own kitchen
- Those who want to invite friends over
- Those who want to stay safely and comfortably like home
How is the process of placement ?
About the price
Single (one person)
More than 4months(pay all-at-once)
More than 4months(monthly installments)
- In case of whom booked studio apartment(single room) more than a four month, one of the persons who pay in monthly installments should pay a three month of the accommodation(studio apartment) fee in advance.
- (The prepayment of 3months = First month of fee + the last two month of fee) please pay the remaing accommodation and utility fee at a local place on the first day of every month.
Less than 14 days
|Utility Fee (every month)||Placement Fee(only once)||Cleaning Fee
|Single (one person)||$75||$95
Less than 14 days $30
|Double (two people)||$85|
|Triple (three people)||$95|
- Utility fee single $5/ double $6/ triple $7(per person / per day)
- Utilities incluedes all electricity, gas and water fee. it may be extra chraged if a fix amount is excessed.
- The key deposit fee will only be refunded provided there was no loss or damage to the property.
- Regardless of the peorid, mini studio apartment and Home-stay(Double, triple room included) should be paid all-at-once.
Precautions on a studio apartment(*Must-read)
- The sample pictures are taken for some of studio apartments of BestFriend. The rooms on sample pictures might not be yours.
- BestFriend’s studio apartments are located in different parts of Seoul.
It takes about 10~20 minutes by walk, or 20-40 minutes by bus from school.
- The placement will be finished by the order of payment arrival.
- BestFriend is in charge of placement. Students cannot select the specific room.
Please wire the payment as soon as possible, because the sizes, conditions, and distances from school of studio apartments are various.
- After you are placed, we will send information of your room and a lease contract by e-mail one week before check-in.
- You never get refunded by subjective reasons, such as location, size, fanciness, brightness, etc. of a studio apartment. Nobody is perfect, and no rooms are perfect.^^ Please excuse for a smooth management.
- You never get refunded or modified after check-in.
- Please check out the cancellation and refund policy of accommodations like the below.
BestFriend’s cancellation and refund policy of accommodations
- You may not get a refund on the registration fee and deposit under any circumstances.
- You must directly talk to a staff member in Korea through phone call, email, Kakaotalk, or Line to receive a refund. *Available time : 10am~6pm on weekdays (in Korea local time)
- 20 days before check-in: accommodation fee will be refunded
1~19days before check-in : you can not get a refund.
- In emergency cases of last-minute accommodation needed: if you apply for accommodation within the week before check-in, you must pay an additional $80 for arrangements to be made.
- In emergency cases of accommodation changed: If you change your accommodation 20 days or less before check-in, you must pay an additional $100 (If you notify us about the change 21 days or more before check-in, you may change your accommodation with no extra charge).
Additional support options
- Regarding airport pickup, guide, bedding set, daily necessities, adaptor, study-abroad-life support, SIM card, Wi-fi, etc.
- Registration fee, deposit, admission fee will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- 7 days or more before entering Korea: total fee will be refunded
1~6 days before entering Korea: 90% of the total fee will be refunded
After entering Korea: you can not get a refund.
- All refunds will be deposited within 14 days from the day of cancellation
- Credit card payment: There will be a 10% deduction due to credit card fees.
- Foreign currency wire transfer: We will use BestFriend’s official currency exchange rate. Recipient pays for the transfer fee.
- Agency: Transfer fees and commission fees of the agency are excluded from our refund policy