- Best Female University in Seoul
- Located in Sinchon, the best University in Seoul.
- Elegant atmosphere for women
It is a prestigious female university in Korea that everyone knows without having to say it. It is a school that boasts an unique atmosphere and elegant faculty. Ewha Womans University uses its own original textbooks, and its curriculum is designed so that you can learn the balance of reading, writing, listening and speaking. It is also popular because of its convenient location to use both Ewha womans university and sinchon station.
The intensive Korean language course offers four semesters in spring, summer, autumn and winter in one year, and 10 weeks in one semester.
The intensive Korean language course is a communication-oriented integrated education program that integrates speaking, listening, reading and writing. It enhances communication skills through real-life-related task activities.
Object and criteria
- A high school diploma or the equivalent is the minimum requirement for admission to Korean Language Education Center
- Those who want to register for more than 6 months(more than 2 semesters)
Documents required for admission
- Application form
- A copy of passport
- A diploma or certificate of graduation
- A bank certificate of deposit balance(over US $9,000)
※ You can apply for a visa at the consulate or embassy in your country, and please contact the Immigration Office to reconfirm your visa application.
Ewha Korean language course (1 session)
|Total class hrs||200hrs|
|Days of classes||Mon.-Fri. (5days/week)|
|Number of students||Within 15students|
※ Admission fee 60,000won(New students only, non-refundable)
※ Textbook fee 53,000~60,000won
※ study abroad fee
950,000won → 690,000won(non-refundable)
※ Registration is possible from 2 semester (20weeks)
※ Summer course procedures available
Ewha Korean language program yearly schedule
2018 (1semester 10weeks/yearly 4semesters)
|Session||Course period||Application/deadline||Placement test|
|1||3/9 ~ 5/18||2/22||3/6|
※ Registration can be done by the order of payment arrival.
It may be closed earlier depending on the number of students.
2019 (1semester 10weeks/yearly 4semesters)
|Session||Course period||Application/deadline||Placement test|
Resident`s country of applicant
- A completed Visa application, A valid passport((3.5 x 4.5cm, colour photo)
- A copy of educational institute business registration or certificate of identification
- standard admission letter (official letter from university)
- Certificate of the Current or Last School Attended
- Documents proving Financial Affordability
※ The Last 6 Months Bank Statements Showing at Least 5,000 USD (The 5,000 USD Must have been held in Account for 1 Month at least.
※ If the Applicant is Not Able to Support him/ herself Financially,
Parents Financial Affidavit: photocopy of the parents’ passport, agreement letter with signature which explains the parents will fully support the applicant financially, 6 months bank statement of parents bank account with 5,000USD and birth or family relationship certificate to confirm the relationship between applicant and supporter.
※ In countries where an identity guarantee is required, the person must find the identity guarantor personally, and the guarantor must submit a notarized proof of identity issued by a law office and notorized. A minimum of one year (4 semesters or more) must be registered to issue a D-4 visa
If students plan to study in Korea longer than for three months, they must apply for a D-4 visa. D-4 visas are valid for six months, and can be extended to up to two years at the Korea Immigration Office. Prospective students can apply to Korean embassies or consulates abroad by submitting required documents (letter of acceptance, reference (if applicable), proof of academic funding, etc.). Since it takes approximately one month to receive a D-4 visa, students must apply for it at least two months prior to their program starting date.
International students must visit the immigration office in person within 90 days after entry for alien registration. In addition, they must report their entry to the embassy of their country in Korea. Those who came to Korea with a C-3 visa are recommended to apply for both a D-4 visa (change of residence status) and alien registration together.
- Required Documents: proof of enrollment, passport, and three photos
- Place: Sejong-ro Branch, The Seoul Immigration Office
- Tel : 02-731-1799
If students wish to stay beyond the authorized period of stay, the required documents listed below should be submitted to the admission office or branch from two months prior to the expiration date. If the extension of stay is not applied before the expiration date, penalties will be imposed for the violation of the Immigration Control Act.
- Place: Immigration office or branch
- Required Documents: Application form, passport, alien registration card, proof of enrollment, three photos (3.5cm x 4.5cm)
- Online Application Guide : http://www.hikorea.go.kr (E-application > Civil Affairs Administration > Extension of Stay Permission for Registered Aliens)
Before the beginning of the semester (before the first day of class): 100% of tuition fee refundable.
Before 1/3 of the total class hours passes (from the first day to the 16th day of the class): 2/3 of tuition fee refundable.
Before 1/2 of the total class hour passes (from the 17th day to the 25th day of the class): 1/2 of tuition fee refundable.
After 1/2 of total class hour passes (from the 26th day of the class): non-refundable
- Application fee is not refundable.
- A day of class is equivalent to 4 hours. If you have 8 hours’ class in one day (for Culture Class, for example), it is equivalent to 2 days of regular class.
- Total class hours refer to the total class hours passed during the semester.
The final refundable amount will be calculated based on the total class hours passed until the day the cancellation request is registered(The day cancellation is registered will be included in the total class hours passed).
- In case of an overseas refund, any overseas remittance fee will be charged on the student canceling registration.
- Students holding a C-3 or D-4 Visa issued with the certificate of admission issued from ELC can cancel registration only by submitting requested documents for cancellation.
- Inquiries on detailed information (final refundable amount and the date of refund) must be directed to the ELC staff in advance, upon cancellation.
※ The refund can only be proceeded when academic affairs committee of Ewha Language Center admits the situation which the student can no longer continue their study for the unavoidable reasons.
(ex. health worsening, death among the family members, critical illness of the family members,damage from disasters)
※The following fees are NOT refundable in all cases.
- admission fee(application fee)
- study abroad fee